Teeth Brushing Tips – 13 Ways To Get Kid’s To Brush Their Teeth
Who can relate? Every morning and evening when it comes to getting washed and teeth brushing, your little darlings turn into something from the exorcist. Because, as soon as you set foot into the bathroom and they see the toothbrush and toothpaste they change into tantrum throwing little monsters. You know, like Gizmo from the Gremlins, when you feed him after midnight. I honestly don’t know how teeth brushing can cause such a fuss.
It got to a point in my house that i’m sure the neighbours thought we were murdering our kids during our teeth brushing sessions. I had to change the way we did things.
Here’s my Teeth Brushing Tips – Ways To Get Kid’s To Brush Their Teeth
- Clean your teeth at the same time as them
- Stick to absolute standard routine as to when they are done
- Use the timer on your phone or a visual sand timer to time 2 minutes exactly
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: Out of stock
- Have a morning and evening routine picture board that helps them transition from play and know the routines.
- Make up a funny tooth brushing song that marks the transition or find one YouTube. Here’s one I found on YouTube.
- Hand out stickers. Every child loves stickers! Buy them from the Pound Shop
- Use a reward chart. But the prize can’t be sugar related. Sign up HERE and get a FREE ‘I BRUSHED MY TEETH’ REWARD CHART
- Purchase a small tooth brush for dolls and teddies so their teeth can be cleaned at same time and used in role play. Let them brush your teeth
- Get an electric toothbrush … this has made a massive difference to us, they really do improve quality of brushing. They can be pricey to start with but definitely worth it for the oral health benefits.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: £33.97Was: £52.00
- Brush your childs teeth yourself for the first minute to ensure get a really good clean and then let them clean for the second minute … this is a great way to help them learn to clean more effectively.
- Let them look in a mirror whilst they are doing it – young kids find themselves hilarious, especially when they watch the faces we all pull.
- Tell them horror stories of what will happen if they don’t clean
- Use Disclosing tablets with older children so they can see the plaque on their teeth.
Products from Amazon.co.uk‹ ›
- Here’s a fab video about Teaching Kids About the Causes & Effects of Cavities
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you. Thank you! *
If you would like to sign up to receive mailing list containing all posts direct to your inbox so you never miss a giveaway or post that might interest you just pop your email address in the box below and you will get a FREE ‘I BRUSHED MY TEETH’ REWARD CHART. Don’t forget to also click to the confirmation email you will receive!!! Always check your Junk Mail!!!