11 Ideas for A Valentines Day Date Night At Home
Valentines Day is looming. Do you want to make Valentines Day date night special but don’t have a babysitter? I know the feeling…
As a parent myself who doesn’t get a babysitter or childcare very easily I have been searching for ways to make Valentines Day date night extra special for myself and my husband. Something that we can do together in the comfort of our home. Just me and him. Something out of the ordinary that we don’t usually do.
Here are some suggestions and inspiration from some of my fellow parenting bloggers to help make Valentines Day date night at home that little bit more special.
- Steak dinner, wine and a good film or box set on Netflix. Emma from Https://Emmareed.net
- We play some stupid two player game on the Xbox, doesn’t happen often but it’s so much fun when it does. Sarah from www.mummycatnotes.com
- A few New Years Eves ago, we didn’t have a babysitter so we got some nice wine, put our favourite music on and wrote a bucket list together. It was fun planning all the things we wanted to do together over the next few years and I love looking back at the list and checking things off! Jodie from Tightwadmama.com
- We are very limited with childcare and a small one that won’t go to sleep for anyone else, so do this a lot! We order a spicy takeaway and watch an action film! Helen from www.welshmumwriting.com
- With the other half working nights, date nights are few and far between. So Netflix, and a good old M&S dine for £10 is a winner every time. Sinead from Www.sineadlatham.com
Got any date night ideas yet?
- We make cocktails together! Usually Husband picks up the required ingredients on his way home from work and we pop some music on and try out new concoctions and tweet them until they are perfect. We have quite an impressive alcohol collection now full of all kinds of unusual mixers and liqueurs! Amy from www.allaboutamummy.co.uk
- Cook together & eat together with no TV on, at the table with candles. Set up the bedroom with candles and give each other a massage! Bliss! Victoria from Https://www.lyliarose.com
- Take away and Lego video games 😀 it’s rare we get to do it as I’m either working or ironing school stuff washing up ect. Vicki from Www.mummaandhermonsters.com
- We are a very competitive couple so we like to play games especially card games. We always tease each other until one of us gets peevish (which is always me btw). Whoever wins will geta full body massage. Veronica at http://myparentingjourney.com/
- We’re big board game fans. We buy all the old classics and childhood faves cheap on eBay! Donna from Https://bobsysmum.co.uk
- Errr sleep😉 Whatever we do for Date nights we always include some chat time. Something deeper than just ‘how was your day?’. Victoria from thegrowingmum.com
I would love to hear your Valentines day date night suggestions. Please feel free to leave a comment.
If you would like to sign up to receive mailing list containing all posts direct to your inbox so you never miss a giveaway or post that might interest you just pop your email address in the box below and you will get a FREE Family Planner. Don’t forget to also click to the confirmation email you will receive!!! Always check your Junk Mail!!!