I don’t know about you but shortbread at Christmas is a MUST! That gorgeous, buttery, crumbly biscuit being dipped into a nice warm cuppa, while your sat in front of the fire….Mmm perfect! What better way than being able to make your own as and when you want. This recipe is really simple and costs pennies to make. With just 3 ingredients! Here’s How To Make Shortbread.
This is a firm favourite recipe of mine as its really simple to make, even when cooking with kids! It doesn’t take up much time at all and the finished shortbread tastes amazing!
How To Make Shortbread
What do you need?
- 100g Margarine
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 150g Plain Flour
What Do You Need To Do?
- Wash your hands and pre heat oven at 150 degrees
- Measure each of your ingredients and put into a large bowl
- Roll up your sleeves and get those hands in there.
- Combine the ingredients together by doing a rubbing action
- You should end up with a bowl of what looks like bread crumbs
- Start to pack the ‘bread crumb’ mixture together so it looks like a ball of dough
- Flour your work surface
- Roll out your dough and cut into shapes using cookie cutters
- Place onto a baking tray covered in greaseproof paper
- Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes- personally I go off the colour
- Once cooked, sprinkle with sugar
Let me know what you thought of How To Make Shortbread and how your batch of shortbread turned out at the comment section at the end of the post.