On The Eleventh Day Of Parenting – 12 ways to relax
Hello and thank you for hopping over from Mummies Waiting and welcome to the 11th day of #12DaysOfParenting. Today’s sponsor is Plyt who are offering a Plyt Board Game and the theme is 12 ways parents can relax this season. My keyword to enter today’s giveaway is in this post below, good luck! Full details of the #12DaysOfParenting terms and conditions can be found on the #12DaysOfParenting page and all entries are to be completed via the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post.
On The Eleventh Day Of Parenting – 12 Ways To Relax For Parents Over Christmas
I don’t know about you but Christmas time can be such a stressful time of all of us parents. With the responsibility of buying the presents. Food shopping. Wrapping. Putting up the decorations. Most importantly for me, making sure that Christmas is my own version of ‘perfect’ for my family.
Us parents need to be that little bit selfish and think of ourselves at this time of year. We need to find ways to relax and unwind to be both mentally and physically well. Personally, I am massive on self care. The way I see it is…
‘as a parent, we have to be well to be able to give the best care to our families’
Here are my 12 Ways To Relax For Parents
- Manage your time- create lists and routine. Plan your day.
- Prepare for the day- Spend 10 minutes each night organising for the next day.
- Enjoy the little things- Find time each day to do something you enjoy.
- Move often- A 10 minute walk can be as beneficial as 45 minute work out to relieve anxiety.
- Laugh often- Laughter lowers stress hormones and releases endorphins that improve mood.
- Get creative- Take time to enjoy music, dance and art…Get the radio on and have a good old boogie.
- Breathe deeply- Slow breaths reduce stress levels, heart rate and blood pressure.
- Keep a journal- Us it to reflect and record positive and feel good experiences and memories.
- Eat well- A good balanced diet along with vitamin supplements.
- Sleep well- Grab yourself an early night every now and again.
- Take a soothing bath with a good book and some pampering products.
- Contact a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while. It’s always great to nourish old friendships and reminisce about the past.
How Do I like to relax?
My favourite way to relax is to have a nice long, hot shower. Putting on a face and hair mask. Getting into my pj’s, then putting on some music (90’s music has to be the best). Making myself a cuppa tea with a few chocolate biscuits for good measure. – It would be rude not to. Grabbing my laptop and leisurely browse the internet. Or I’ll get out my planners and journals and record some memories.
What’s your favourite way to relax? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
Don’t forget to check out my other #12days of parenting posts to enter the daily giveaways!
Today’s Codeword is: STAR if you would like to read another post and gain another entry, then head over to The Newby Tribe for their take on 12 ways parents can relax this season.
To enter the grand prize draw, head over to 12 Days Of Parenting where you can also find all the #12DaysOfParentingPosts so you wont miss any!